October 21, 2016
BURKE-GILMAN TRAIL REALIGNMENT WORK SCHEDULED FOR NEXT WEEK
Starting next week, crews will realign the Burke-Gilman Trail as it approaches 61st Ave NE from the west. The realigned trail will bend to the south in order to improve sight lines between motorists at 61st Ave NE and trail users approaching the intersection. Please see below for details.
What to expect:
Work to realign the Burke-Gilman Trail is expected to begin at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 25, and is scheduled to last through Friday, Oct. 28. Schedule is weather dependent.
- During this work, the existing Burke-Gilman Trail will be fully operational but temporarily narrowed.
- Trail users will be intermittently detoured through Log Boom Park driveway.
- Minor traffic impacts on NE 175th St and 61st Ave NE when equipment is being moved.
- Flaggers will be onsite directing pedestrian and vehicle traffic as needed.
- Work hours will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Realignment plan for Burke-Gilman Trail